Tuesday, December 16, 2008

  • Did karaoke at Bierstube in Moline with Andy, Dawn, Steph, and Craig. The karaoke part was okay. But the sheer amount of alcohol consumed cannot happen again -- at least not when I have to work the next day. Life lesson: when Andy keeps handing you shots, you should probably say no.

  • I bought "The Dark Knight" on DVD. I've only watched it twice on DVD thus far.

  • I am officially sick of snow/ice storms. How many are we up to already this year? Two, three? Luckily, I've only had to drive in one so far.

  • Joan from Gendler's had a Christmas open house at her condo out in Hampton. I met up with Andy and Dawn after work and rode out there with them. It was just shy of being a full blown Gendler's reunion. Also present from Gendler's were Steve (and he brought his new flame, Sondra), Dale and Alice, Jamie and Bobbie Jo, and Bill and Rhonda.

  • Got iced in at Andy and Dawn's. When I finally left for home, I couldn't get into my car as it was all ice. After twenty minutes of trying to chip away and having broken the driver's side door handle, I finally boiled water and threw on the passenger door. That got me in the car but then I had to wait a half an hour for it to heat up enough to melt the ice on the windows so that I could scrape them off. Then, the latch on the passenger door was frozen and it wouldn't stay shut. I found an extension cord in my trunk and tied the door handle to my passenger seat, effectively rigging it so that the door wouldn't open. I made the 22 mile drive home in about an hour on the ice.

  • I've begun analysis on the script for my next short, "Bob and Death." It'll be roughly two-minutes and I'm looking to have it shot before January 15th. As soon as I get offline in the next few minutes, I'll begin storyboarding it.

No comments: