Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow?

It is official: I hate winter.

As a kid, I didn't mind it at all. But those were the days where my circle of life was limited to the neighborhood. The cold meant that we were allowed to have our friends inside to play. Snow meant snowmen, snow forts, snow ball fights, and sledding. Now all winter has to offer me is sub-zero temperatures, white out conditions, and icy roads - none of which affected me as a child, but all of which serve to play a part in restricting my lifestyle as an adult. As such, I'm not too fond of winter anymore. The snow on the ground looks great until I can't live my life and become stuck in the house (or risk said life trying to do my own thing). And I suppose if one is to become trapped at home, it's better for one's wallet to have it happen on their days off, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting cabin fever. Luckily, I work tomorrow, otherwise I don't know how much longer until these other people would start looking like lunch.

Donner, party of five, your table is ready.

No comments: