Thursday, September 18, 2008

  • Went and saw Buckcherry with the Last Vegas, Saving Abel, and Shinedown. Shinedown (which I've decided to refer to as "shined own") was my favorite of the four. Avenged Sevenfold was supposed to be there - and were indeed why I wanted to go - but they had to cancel due to an illness. Still, it was a great time and Andy or Craig can probably relate the experience to you better than I could.

  • I beat the crap out of myself yesterday carrying a refrigerator out of a house. I hit a bump and the damn thing nearly tipped. I caught it right across both of my forearms and saved it, but I've got one nice bruise starting to show and my other arm hurts like hell. Earlier in the day, I nearly killed JJ while at my dad's cousin Lenny's house where we were hauling an old refrigerator out. The weight of it going down the stairs caught me off guard and I nearly lost my grip. JJ got stuck underneath it and it took both Mike and myself to lift up on the handles to get the weight off of him so that we could set it on the ground. JJ was fine though, just a little wobbly after supporting the full weight of an old refrigerator (which weigh more) that happened to be loaded up with the food inside of it. Still, I felt bad. At least Lenny gave us these pumpkin spice bars and soda. Good stuff. I think she did it because I was family and we weren't random Lowe's delivery guys like she thought were coming over.

  • Work progresses on my Halloween costume - the Samurai armor. I've got the chest plate nearly done and tonight, I'm hoping to have the back plate done. By the time I go to work in the morning, I'm hoping to have them both connected to the shoulder pieces and wearable. Then, it'll be the lower back piece, the stomach piece, the side flaps, the front flap, the shoulder pads and the helmet. Then, to paint all of it. Yikes.

No comments: