Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spooooky

My buddy JJ and his wife had a baby about six weeks ago and being from Florida, they wanted to take her down there and introduce her to the family. That meant they needed someone to watch their four dogs in their huge house out in Cambridge. That someone is me.

So, I'm out here chillin'. For those of my friends who have visited my parents' house, this place is a lot bigger. And I don't usually think of my parents' place as small. So, it's just me and the two big dogs and two little dogs hanging out in the middle of nowhere. Fun times.

Anyhoo, yesterday, I spent a great deal of the day researching novel #2. I don't want to jump into editing #1 just yet as I'd like to put some distance between myself and it so that I can be a bit more objective when it comes to rewriting it. I'd been playing with a couple of different ideas for the second novel and finally decided upon one. Novel #2 is a vampire novel set in the days of ancient Rome. That means some work is ahead of me and I think I've got a good head start on that.

So, last night, after having worked on that all day, I came out here to Cambridge and when I'm getting ready to go to bed, I turn on the television and decide to watch some "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" before turning in. Lo and behold the episode is about Firestar getting kidnapped by Dracula and Spider-Man and Iceman have to go to Transylvania to get her back. I was flabergasted: a large part of my research yesterday had to do with what is now Transylvania between 320 and 345 AD. While most likely a coincidence, I'm going to take it as a sign from the universe that I'm on the right track...

And with that, I'm going back to bed. I had to get up at 3:30 AM to take JJ and Tiffany to the airport and now, at 6:15, I'm feeling sleepy again. G'night.

No comments: