Monday, August 25, 2008

I was Furious back when I was Fast

It's time to come clean. I've been hiding a secret for a very long time. I'm a closet fan of the original Vin Diesel vehicular epic, The Fast and the Furious. There it is. *exhales* I've said it. I enjoyed The Fast and the Furious. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I did. It's one of those guilty pleasure movies for me: big, dumb, and full of eye candy. Michelle Rodriguez? Check. Jordana Brewster? Double check. Gotta love those ladies. But I'd also go so far as to say that I enjoy Vin Diesel in a completely heterosexual, "he's the man!" kind of way. I liked Pitch Black and the Chronicles of Riddick quite a lot. When he didn't come back for 2 Fast 2 Furious - which I always asserted was a dumb name - I had no interest in seeing it. It just seemed like a spin-off to me, not a sequel. The same with The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Yet, I heard that good 'ol Vin was making a cameo, which gave me hope that maybe someday they'd do a true sequel to the original.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the trailer for Fast and Furious.



Michelle Rodriguez? Check. Jordana Brewster? Double check. Vin Diesel? He's in. And Paul Walker is back for his third romp in a car. Yep, it looks like I've finally gotten my wish. And come next year, I'll plant my butt down in the theater to see it. You might not notice me, but I'll be the guy in the trench coat, fedora, and Groucho Marx mustache.

No comments: