Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I had a really odd dream last night.

In it, I saw our country coming to ruin and it was all because of our political institutions. Both Democrats and Republicans were bringing our country to its end, though the dream specified that the Democrats were bringing things to the end faster. In it, the Dems were loud-mouthed, angry, and stupid; the Reps were narrow-minded and ignorant. One Democrat saw me and began accusing me of being a Republican and bringing about the end of our once great nation.

"It is the Republican's fault," I agreed. "And also the Democrats. You've all ruined us." The man then asked how I wasn't responsible myself. "I'm a Libertarian," I said.

"Ah," said the Democrat. "The right path. If only we'd listened."

Really odd indeed.

No comments: