Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Because the World has Been Devoid of My Escapades for Too Long...

- Last Monday (a week from yesterday), I went over to Brad's for our regular driveway fire. However, it started raining. He and Boomer decided to go in and watch Swingers, but I wasn't feeling the movie vibe. Andy had called me earlier about hanging out, so I went and met up with him and Craig at Bluecat. We had a very good evening. Anything else you hear about it is hearsay.

- Thursday, I went out with Boomer and Brad after my other plans fell through (not that I wouldn't have gone out with them, but I had other plans initially when Boomer first wanted to go out and they fell through by the time he was ready to go out). We started out at Bluecat, then made our way to Daiquiri Factory, then to Del's, then back to Daiquiri Factory. It was a very good evening though in a completely different way than Monday had been.

- Saturday, I went to the premiere of my buddy Josh's new short movie with Andy, Dawn, and Craig. It was one of the more engaging local flicks that I've seen and really well done. A lot of the time with no-budget movies, I feel like banging my head against the wall after two minutes. But with this one, I was shocked that it was over as quickly as it was. The thirty-one minutes flew past. Check out the trailer for the flick, Pickman's Song, and be sure to visit the website for Josh's company, Octopoid Productions.

- The armor has two coats of paint on it. It will be done by the 24th.

- Tonight, I was supposed to watch the movie Primer with Brad and Boomer but wasn't feeling the movie vibe yet again. I drove into town and met up with a friend at Starbucks (no, I didn't blow them off for her...I blew them off first and then plans with her just fell into my lap). After talking and drinking coffee for an hour and a half, she went over to another friend's house and I went to Wal-Mart where I bought a new coat, since my other one mysteriously disappeared from Andy's house the night of his party a couple weeks ago. After that, I drove around the Quad Cities, hitting each of the three Illinois cities in a vain attempt to find some Chinese place that was open at 11 PM. Alas, none were and I didn't feel like going to the District and the late night Chinese stand down there for an egg roll. So, I came home.

No comments: