Friday, July 25, 2008

Movies I'm Looking Forward to in 2009

(This list will be updated as necessary)

The Watchmen - It looks cool. I know that the graphic novel is huge but I've never read it. However, the visuals from the trailer in combination to the song "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" by the Smashing Pumpkins has me sold already.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Say what you want about Brett Ratner's X-Men: The Last Stand, I'm still a fan of the series and am eagerly awaiting this prequel, which will shed some light on Wolverine and his relationship with Victor Creed, aka Sabretooth.




Red Sonja - I love me a good fantasy flick. And after reading some of Robert E. Howard's original Conan tales recently, I do enjoy some barbarian fun. As I trust Robert Rodriguez implicitly as a filmmaker, I'm sure this Rodriguez-produced romp will be a blast. And Rose McGowan is kind of hot.




The Wolfman - My leanings are towards speculative fiction: sci-fi, fantasy and horror. When it comes to horror, I don't mean slasher pics with their lack of depth and celebration of gore-filled murders, but good, old-fashioned, scary stories. I seriously dig the old-school Universal movie monsters, and this is Universal's attempt at resurrecting their Wolfman franchise and a step towards wiping away the bad taste that was Van Helsing. I think this one looks pretty sweet and the official site offers up a story synopsis that sounds like it's heading in the right direction.

No comments: